6 months of Joy or 6 months of Pain ??

12th May 2009 ...time: 3.15 p.m ..location : TATA MOTORS HR office.. Mr Nelson Fernendes speaking " Friends here are the final results of the interviews which we had conducted for selecting Sandwich Trainees".

He started calling out the names of the students who had been rejected. There were five students who had been rejected and their names were being called out one by one. While all of this was happening I was continuously praying to God and had kept my fingers crossed.3 names were done and tension started mounting .'will I be selected or will i be rejected??' was the question running through my mind. My friend Priyadarshan (P.D) was aslo equally tensed. It was as if a matter of life and death.One more name was called out..it wasnt mine ... and now the last one ...I was consistenely looking at the announcers face..and his lips .Finally the last name was called out..it was "Yatin" .The moment Mr Fernendes said "Yatin"..i loosened up my crossed fingers and heaved a sigh of relief. I couldn't believe that I was selected for the6 months Industrial Training in TATA MOTORS which is one of the biggest automobile manufactures in India. For some people like Bajaj it was a very trivial thing but for me it was very special. I was over joyed and immediately called up my mom and told her about this. She too was extremly happy and was proud of me.

After the results we had to go for a medical test at the Chinchwad plant....the medical test ended at 5 and we all went back to our homes. I went to the college hostel to tell my friends about m selection...All of them were happy for me .. aspecially Pratik who had wished me luck just before my interview ... I went back home at around 7 and as soon as I opened the door I saw my mom and dad standing there ..they congratulated me and hugged me..my brother too was overjoyed ...So in all it was my day. God all mightly had indeed made my day...Now I could enjoy my vacations...

3rd July..8.00 p.m..location: TATA MOTORS (CVBU ) Pimpri... it was our joining day ..all dressed in formals and all set to go... ..

I was wondering what project will I get and which department....we were taken to the 'D' Block ..where we were going to assigned our department of training . We were made to sit in a conference room. Mr.Sant was the man who would be assigning to us our departments.There were students from CoEP and MIT who were present in the conference room... finally we got our departments ..I was given 'Gear Factory: C Block'.. the only CoEP student in there..I was separated from all my friends ..but that was not a problem..I was really very happy that I got the gear factory..

As I entered the Gear factory ..I could see those massive broaches all around the place..and all kinds of gears being manufactured...machines that I had never seen before...My eyes were rolling around ..because this was the very first time I had seen such a huge company..for a few moments I couldn't believe that I was going to work in that place as a trainee...as we made our way towards the factory office I saw the different charts and instructions put up all around the place... finally I reached the office we met our 'Project Guide'( so called)...named Mr. Ajit Bhumkar...he took us to the conference room and briefed us about the factory and then distributed us amongst the different sections in the factory.... I was the last one left ..and Mr Bhumkar. ..decided to keep me with himself..as an assistant !!

A fews days passed .. I started getting used to the daily routine of 8.30 to 5.....and got used to the company life.....
wake up at 6.. get ready by 7.15..take the company bus at 7.30...shift begins at 8.30....breakfast at 9.00 ..back to work at 9.30..work work work ......till 12.30...go for lunch.....finish off by 1.00... then work work work !!! till 5 and then go home .. reach by 6.15... and thats the end of the day .. This continued for 2 months ...and THEN !!!!!!!!!!.........(to be continued )




Comments

Popular Posts